Friday, December 18, 2009

A Yummy Taste Of Fall


Yesterday I was attending a meeting here on Fort Knox. I asked if I can bring anything. They said I could bring a dessert if I want, so I looked for one that fits the season. I found a really good recipe for a Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting in one of my cookbooks.

It turned out really tasty, though I made some changes. I used a 15-oz can of pumpkin. Somehow recipes always call for 16-oz cans but I've never seen those at a store. Also I used 2 cups and 2 tablespoons of cake flour instead of regular flour. It just makes cakes lighter.

Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:

4 eggs
1 c. canola or vegetable oil
1 2/3 c. sugar
1 (16oz) can solid pack pumpkin (not the pie filling)
2 c. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda

For Frosting:

1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin. Stir dry ingredients - flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda, Add to the beaten mixture a little at a time. Beat until smooth. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan. Let cool before frosting.

Frosting: Cream butter, vanilla and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar a little at a time. Beat until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment