Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sauteed green beans


Being a stay-at-home mom and housewife I feel like I should cook every day. It's easy to cook the same simple things all over again, but sometimes you want to eat something new. On days like that I raid my cookbooks and the numerous cooking websites out there to find recipes that are good and at the same time pretty easy to make. Sauteed green beans are one of them. They are tasty, fast to make and pretty healthy. The last time I made them I served as a side for a Paprika Spiced Pork Loin. It was really good.

Some tips:
We love to eat vegetables so I had one pound of green beans for two (and a half) people.

Don't add the garlic to early or it will burn before the beans are done.


Sauteed Green Beans:

1 lbs green beans trimmed and washed
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
freshly grated parmesan cheese

Put the butter and the oil in a big pan and heat over medium until butter is melted. Add the green beans and sautee them until they're done but still al dente. Add the garlic and sautee a little bit longer. Season with salt and pepper.
Put them in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the cheese right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment